This tour is an excellent starting point to discover just some of treasures within the Cliffs of Fundy UNESCO Global Geopark!
Join us at an island filled with a wealth of geological treasures! Partridge Island has attracted geologists and rockhounds alike for over 200 years. Learn about the stories and the work done by famous geologists who helped put the Cliffs of Fundy Global UNESCO Geopark on the geological map. Learn about the many gemstones and minerals that can be found along the Bay of Fundy and walk along the island’s cliffside beach as you uncover hidden gems including Nova Scotia’s beautiful agates as well as many other mineral and crystal varieties.
Your tour includes:
- A 1+ hour guided rock and mineral tour
- An overview of the geology within the Geopark and the prevalent minerals found along the Bay of Fundy
- Stories of the work done by Abraham Gesner and the geologists who followed him
- Learn how and why the Cliffs of Fundy became a UNESCO Global Geopark
“Perfect for families and friends!”
Tour location: Parrsboro, N.S. We will email you with details including specific meeting place and time.
*Private tours are available upon request. Please contact us for details.
About Abraham Gesner: Abraham Gesner was a physician, author, geologist and inventor of kerosene, who had a profound interest in the local geology and went on to become an influential-and controversial- figure in Canadian geology and natural history.
We are focused on your health: Due to Covid-19 we are focused on your health and safety and are taking every measure to ensure your safety while participating in our tours.
- Contactless ticket purchasing.
- Outdoor setting with physical distancing.
- Hand sanitizer on site.
- Small group and private tours available.
We ask that you give us at least 72 hours notice of cancellation before the scheduled tour. If notice of cancellation is received prior to 72 hours of the scheduled tour a full refund will be issued. No refunds will be issued within 48 hours of the scheduled tour.
Fundy Treasures fossil and mineral tours take place rain or shine with the exception of severe weather. In the event of severe weather (high winds, heavy rain, lightening) on the date the tour will be cancelled. If we have to cancel due to weather, a full refund will be issued.
What to bring:
Weather along the Bay of Fundy can be unpredictable and it’s good to be prepared for anything! Here are a few recommendations:
- Sturdy shoes or hiking boots.
- Layers appropriate for wind, rain and warmth.
- Sunscreen, a sun hat and sunglasses.
- A camera or phone to capture photos of the scenic Bay of Fundy, fossils and minerals!
- A water bottle and a snack are recommended.
- A backpack is great to keep all of your necessities together!
If you have any other questions or would like to book a tour please contact us at email@example.com