Enjoy this unique guided adventure by horseback through a geologically significant canyon gorge. Wards Falls is a significant Geosite within the Cliffs of Fundy UNESCO Global Geopark!
Meet us at our ranch for this popular waterfall tour. Be greeted by Spirit Reins guides and the horses at the ranch. Then we’ll get the horses in the trailer and make our way to the trailhead.
Enjoy an eight-kilometre ride along a meandering brook through a wooded trail in Wards Brook valley. Take in the sounds of nature deep in the woods as you follow the mountain river to Wards Falls. Hear stories from your guide that are rich in cultural and geological significance. Passing through the canyon gorge you will see rock formations that are of evidence of Pangea and continental drift, that occurred over 300 million years ago.
At the falls we will stop for a break, where you will have plenty of time to explore the sights of the waterfall and canyon gorge.
Trail Ride Rating: Low to medium difficulty. Rocky terrain with brook crossings, suitable for beginner, intermediate and advanced riders.
Tour Length: 2 hours (8km one way)
Tour availability: April 1 – December 1, 2023, as long as the weather is good and the trails are clear the horses are looking forward to sharing Ward’s Falls with you.
Price: $150 per person or $140 each for two or more people
Good to know:
- All guests will be given an introductory orientation to safe horse care and handling before every trail ride to equip them with the necessary tools and safety measures in handling a horse safely and humanely. Please note that tours are tailored to the guest’s riding level and ability.
- The maximum number of guests we can take is up to 7 depending on the tour and the rider’s skill level. For less experienced or beginner guests we can take up to 5 guests. Children under 10 may not ride on trails.
- All trail rides are lead by a guide.
- Due to the nature of our small business please email or call for reservations at least one month in advance.
- Bring preferred snacks, your own picnic lunch, and water.
Call or email us directly to book your adventure today.
Cancellation policy: Tours are weather dependent, if you tour is cancelled due to weather you will receive a full refund and we can re-schedule your tour. 48 hours notice is required for guest cancellation. Less than 48 hours notice for a cancellation will result in 50% of tour charged.