Walk along the ocean floor to discover glimmering crystal and mineral specimens hidden within the steep basalt cliffs and visit the location of Canada’s oldest dinosaurs!
Your tour includes:
- A 3 hour guided mineral and crystal tour within the Cliffs of Fundy UNESCO Global Geopark with your local expert guide of 30 years.
- Learn how to spot and identify different kinds of crystals, minerals, agates and jaspers.
- Learn how these different minerals and gems formed in ancient lava flows over 200 million years ago.
- A visit to Nova Scotia’s own Jurassic beach, the site of Canada’s oldest dinosaurs!
- Discover why the Cliffs of Fundy became a UNESCO Global Geopark.
- Contactless ticket purchasing.
- Outdoor setting with physical distancing.
- Hand sanitizer on site.
- Small group and private tours available.
We ask that you give us at least 72 hours notice of cancellation before the scheduled tour. If notice of cancellation is received prior to 72 hours of the scheduled tour a full refund will be issued. No refunds will be issued within 72 hours of the scheduled tour.
Fundy Treasures fossil and mineral tours take place rain or shine with the exception of severe weather. In the event of severe weather (high winds, heavy rain, lightening) on the date the tour will be cancelled. If we have to cancel due to weather, a full refund will be issued.
What to bring:
Weather along the Bay of Fundy can be unpredictable and it’s good to be prepared for anything! Here are a few recommendations:
- Sturdy shoes or hiking boots.
- Layers appropriate for wind, rain and warmth.
- Sunscreen, a sun hat and sunglasses.
- A camera or phone to capture photos of the scenic Bay of Fundy, fossils and minerals!
- A water bottle and a snack are recommended.
- A backpack is great to keep all of your necessities together!
- Pets are welcome.
If you have any other questions or concerns please contact us at email@example.com