Fans of the Ocean Floor Fossil Tour looking for a more robust experience are sure to enjoy our Fossil Forest Expedition! This immersive tour takes you to the classic section of the UNESCO site where you will hear fascinating stories of past scientists and their amazing discoveries at the site. Learn the most up to date techniques and tools used to handle, study and preserve new finds. The next new discovery could be made by you!
What’s included in your tour:
- 3 hour guided fossil tour of the Northern section of the Joggins Fossil Cliffs UNESCO World Heritage Site with your local expert guide of 30 years.
- A visit to the world famous Fundy fossil forest to hear stories of the incredible finds that have been made in the past, including the world’s oldest fossil reptile.
- Inside information on the most recent fossil discoveries, including not-yet published finds.
- Learn to spot and identify different plant, animal and trace fossils.
- Learn what palaeontologists look for when they’re studying fossils and what tools and techniques they use.
- Take home your very own loupe!
- Discover why Joggins was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as one of the most important fossil sites in the world.
- Contactless ticket purchasing.
- Outdoor setting with physical distancing.
- Hand sanitizer on site.
- Small group and private tours available.
We ask that you give us at least 72 hours notice of cancellation before the scheduled tour. If notice of cancellation is received prior to 72 hours of the scheduled tour a full refund will be issued. No refunds will be issued within 72 hours of the scheduled tour.
Fundy Treasures fossil and mineral tours take place rain or shine with the exception of severe weather. In the event of severe weather (high winds, heavy rain, lightening) on the date the tour will be cancelled. If we have to cancel due to weather, a full refund will be issued.
What to bring:
Weather along the Bay of Fundy can be unpredictable and it’s good to be prepared for anything! Here are a few recommendations:
- Sturdy shoes or hiking boots.
- Layers appropriate for wind, rain and warmth.
- Sunscreen, a sun hat and sunglasses.
- A camera or phone to capture photos of the scenic Bay of Fundy, fossils and minerals!
- A water bottle and a snack are recommended.
- A backpack is great to keep all of your necessities together!
- Pets are welcome.
If you have any other questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org